Thankfulness Thursdays I

November 03, 2022

(in case you've never heard of this trend, the wonderful Grace Anne has a social media tradition: each Thursday of November, she posts about what she's thankful for. school and other things are eating up a lot of my time, so I thought I'd join in this year. who knows whether I'll participate every week, but we'll find out! :D thankfulness for me always comes in the form of a prayer, so I hope you don't mind that this very short post is formatted as such.)

Dear Lord,

Thank You for this day, this chance to try again.

Thank You for fall break and its opportunity for relaxation.

Thank You for the red and golden leaves on the sidewalks that provide a delightful crunch when I walk over them. 

Thank You for autumn, a season I never thought I would appreciate.

Thank You for hot chocolate on cold nights. 

Thank You for Halloween candy (and the inevitable candy-trading that occurs when said candy is acquired XD).

Thank You for chocolate-chip-and-banana muffins. 

Thank You for the heating system in my dorm room, protecting me from chilly winds outside.

Thank You for sleep, especially after hard days.

Thank You for the fog I walked through this morning as I headed to class. 

Thank You for sunrises and sunsets (but especially sunsets, the type that turn the whole sky red). 

Thank You for Spotify and for music.

Thank You for stories and the gift of storytelling.

Thank You for giving me the strength I needed to get through today.

And Thank You for your love. <3

. . . 

Happy first week of November, friends.

-Nicole <3

What are you thankful for this week?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Happy November to you too, Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet collection!! I've been roadtripping cross country, mostly barefoot, and really appreciating the colorful leaves and how soft they are to walk on!

    Thesocialporcupine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awful at checking my blogger feed, so I'm just now seeing this. I didn't know you were still active on here, Nicole! I'm glad to see you posting.
    Also, this was a lovely list of things to be grateful for. It's always nice to see gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really good to be thankful, and there's so much even in this list which seems small but is really beautiful! God's generosity is overwhelming when we think about it <3

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole