March 2019 Happenings

March 31, 2019

Happy Sunday, friend!

Well, it HAS been a month, hasn’t it? I apologize if I’ve thrown you off with my messed-up posting schedule - it’s not going to improve much in April. But I digress. We’ll get to that later.

All pictures by me!
Okay, first off, I don’t know how the weather where you live has been, but IT’S STILL WINTER HERE AND I AM ANNOYED. It hasn’t risen above maaaaybe 55 degrees here. WHERE’S SPRING WEATHER????

Sorry. Rant over. I just want to not have to wear my coat everywhere I go.

Anyways, this month was SUPER busy for me, life-wise. I had a singing competition early on in the month that . . . went okay, I guess?? I didn’t do the best I could have done because #nerves, but I’ll have another singing contest later in April that I can use as my redemption. (because we all know that I like my redemption arcs over here. XD)

Lent started, so YAY! (For all of you who do Lent, I hope your sacrifices are coming along okay!)

I also attended a pro-life rally in my state in protest of two abortion bills currently in subcommittees. I pray that they don’t get passed (but if you want to learn more, you can check out some info right here - it’s a post that I wrote about it).

OH YEAH! THERE’S SOMETHING ELSE! I REGISTERED FOR REALM MAKERS!!!! *screaming and flailing*

*let the screaming and flailing continue, because this fandom section will get a little out of hand*

The Flash: Season Two. *deep breath* *whispers, “Okay, Nicole, you can’t rant here, there’d be too many spoilers”*

This second season was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE and by that I mean it broke my heart, made me sob, and caused me to yell at the screen. The season finale warranted a FaceTime to my best friend (who had seen it), and she let me scream about it for thirty minutes.

But I actually think I enjoyed this season more than the first one! Maybe because CISCO IS THE LITERAL BEST EVER. (Seriously. I want a Cisco in my life.) #vibe

Captain Marvel. I went into this movie extremely skeptical. It was released on International Women’s Day, and I was worried that Marvel was just going to use this movie to push some sort of agenda. BUT! I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed this movie! For one, it’s got a MAGICAL CAT which is adorable, and the friendship in this movie is beautiful, and - You know what? Just go watch it, SO MANY THINGS will make sense.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. So. I have two orders of business on this one.

1. I’m rewatching the series (this will be my third time watching it ever) and WOW. ZUKO IS A BRAT. But oh well, I still love him anyways! (Probably because I know what happens and I just feel so bad for the guy.)

2. You probably already know this, but I GOT A ZUKO FUNKO POP AND IT IS AMAZING.

ISN’T HE BEAUTIFUL????

The Ilyon Chronicles. I LOVE THIS SERIES. That’s all there is to say about it. (I’m also trying to convince my friend to read it because she’s heard me talk about Jace waaaayyy too much at this point.)

The Help. I read this for school, and somehow it ended up on my favorites list? Not sure how that happened (but it WAS much better than the other choice: Of Mice and Men, which I actively avoid now). The Help was SUCH a good book. The character voices are spot-on, and the plot is absolutely epic, among other things.

So. Um. *cough* right, I’m supposed to be writing? XD

I have been writing a little. Mostly I wrote an eight-page research paper that sucked a couple years of my life away.

#princessbride

But I’ve also started on edits for The Inhumans #1. I don’t know what I’m going to pitch at RM, so for Camp NaNo I’m going to work on The Inhumans #1 and the Silver Sword, and see which one I’m more inclined to do.

But seriously, the Inhumans is a MESS. Which is why, a year after I wrote the first draft, I FINALLY did characterization for my characters! *facepalm*

As I mentioned, I had a really wacky blogging schedule this month, so if you missed any of my posts, here’s the comprehensive list:


As for other people around the blogosphere . . .

In case you haven’t heard, Christine from Musings of an Elf is collaborating with two other people to create a blog/website based around FAIRY TALES! It launches tomorrow, but you can click here to find the not-running-yet home page.

Julian from Saver of Memories posted some really great things this month, but I especially enjoyed this one about quality content and this one about her BULLET JOURNAL! *excitement*

Lisa from Inkwell wrote a really thought-provoking post about if blogging actually improves our writing.

Jenna at Jenna Terese has been posting about something she likes to call “Project Inspire,” which is totally epic!

And one final announcement!

For Camp NaNo this year, I’m going to be taking part in Julian’s Shared WIP Tag - the theme for this round being goals! So, every Friday in April, I’ll be posting, and I’ll be ditching the Sunday schedule for the time being. I’m hoping that by May, I’ll be back to the Sunday schedule, but we’ll see how it goes because #exams.

I hope you all had a great March, and that your April is amazing! I’ll talk to you on Friday!

-Nicole <3

So, how was your March! How many of you have read the Help? Who's ready for Camp NaNo? (I know I’m not!) Let's talk!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Good luck at your next singing competition--I'm sure you'll do great. :)

    Hope you have a fantastic April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara! I hope it goes well too. :)

      Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  2. March was a crazy month! Let's see, I have not read The Help, and I am not sure if I will do camp nano. Life is so busy. I want to do NaNo at some point. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, yes, definitely! But you should totally do both of those! (But yeah, life can be crazy for sure.) Maybe this November you can do NaNo! :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I totally feel you about writing things for school... that is probably all Camp NaNo will be for me, catching up. I hope that you have a great time with Camp this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, SAME! I hope your Camp is great too!

      Delete
  4. CAPTAIN MARVEL *shrieks*. oh my gosh, it was utterly amazing and beautiful and i really want to watch it again. it's about time that we have a female superhero movie ;) (although Black Widow should have been first, but oh well ;). and i love that there wasn't any romance in it, just adorable friendships (seriously tho, the friendship between Carol & Fury was the BEST).

    and the Ilyon Chronicles! ahh, i love Jace so much. now i want to reread them ;)

    hope you have a lovely april! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK YES!! *screams* I agree with EVERYTHING you just said. It was GREAT! (Now if we can just survive Endgame.....XD)

      Aaaaahhhh, yes, Jace is the best!!

      You too, Allison! <3

      Delete
  5. Loving that Princess Bride reference. xD

    Your review of The Help on Goodreads piqued my interest, so I might have to read it at some point! It sounds pretty good.

    I'm doing Camp NaNo this year for the first time! I decided to do it super last minute to finish my NaNo novel from last year. (Heh... heh... yeah, still working on that.) So I'm excited for my first Camp experience and also to hopefully finished my book!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)

      Ooo, yay, you should! It's really good!

      *gasp* YAY!!! Good luck! (*cough* same, STILL haven't finished NaNo novel.....maybe this month!)

      Delete
  6. WAIT WHAT DID YOU SAY FAIRYTALES
    *runs over to homepage*
    *runs back* Okay, I subscribed. :) Looks like you had a BUSY month, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I DID, AND IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT AND I THINK IT LAUNCHES TODAY!!!

      Haha, yep, I did! XD I hope you have a great April, Merie!

      Delete
  7. Best of luck in your singing competition! :D
    I'm so pumped about Fairy Tale Central, it's going to be totally epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! :)
      ACK SAME - and I’m not even a big fairy tale person! *cheering*

      Delete
  8. Good luck on your next singing competition! And I love your Zuko funkpop! He is one of my favorite villains-turned-heroes ever! :)

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody!

      *gasp* ANOTHER ZUKO FAN AAAAAHHHHHHH YES I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER AT LAST!!! I totally agree: his arc was just so fabulous! *flails*

      Delete
  9. It's been a while since I've been to your site; it looks really nice!
    Thank you for mentioning Project Inspire! :D
    and YAY REALM MAKERS!!!! (are you going to attend the teen track with Bryan Davis?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jenna! :)
      Hey, no problem! I really enjoy it and can’t wait to see what you do in the future!
      YAY RM IS SO CLOSE!!! (And YES I am! Are you??)

      Delete
    2. Yup, I'll be at the teen track. We'll probably end up meeting there. ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, YAY! I can’t wait to see you there!

      Delete
  10. Have a good April and best of luck on NaNo!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Gray! I hope you have a great April too! <33

      Delete
  11. You are so much better than me at making a rant short ;p Love it. And why is everyone but me going to Realm Makers? So sad ;/ I do hope you have fun, though!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! ;) Aw, sorry to hear you won’t be going! But oh well, we can’t do everything in life. :) Maybe we’ll see each other some different time!

      Delete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole