Shared WIP Tag (Goals): Week 2

April 12, 2019

Happy Friday, friend!

Well, it's warming up around where I live, so I can finally start wearing t-shirts! (Did I ever stop wearing them? No, not really. Shhhh.)

You know what else is warming up?

The Shared WIP Tag! We're in full swing now, and this week's topic is Other April Projects.

(prepare for lots of sarcasm)



What projects are you working on in addition to Camp NaNo during April?
Um. *cough* None?

I mean, besides the numerous projects and papers for school, none, I think.

I'm also going to begin learning a THIRTY-SIX PAGE PIANO PIECE that's just a mashup of fandom songs - some of which I've never heard. It's 22 minutes long.

So, of course, I'm going to do it! ;)

Give us some more info on these other projects - maybe a synopsis or an aesthetic.
Um. What else is there to say? The song is 22 minutes long and has songs from Marvel, Doctor Who (I think? I'm honestly not sure), Sherlock, Harry Potter . . . you get the idea. XD

Which project is grabbing at your attention the most? Why?
The school papers, honestly. Because, you know, they have a due date.

Do you have any plans for how you’re going to finish these projects on the side?
Nope. I'm planning on fully winging it allll. Not the best idea, I know, but I'm tired and getting over allergies, so give me a break.

If you had to set all projects aside and only work on one, which would it be?
The Camp NaNo ones, I suppose? But if we're not counting that, the piano song. No one wants to do homework.

What is the next step for each of these projects (drafting, editing, aesthetic creation, beta reading, etc.)?
Well, I actually need to write some of the papers. I need to begin practicing the piano piece. And I need to NOT STRESS OUT.

(because we all know the last one is TOTALLY going to happen)


Share a snippet from these projects.
I won't, for two reasons:
- I would bore you with my papers.
- I don't want your ears to bleed with the clashing sound of my fingers sight-reading new sheet music. It's not a fun experience.

What’s your favorite thing about each of these other projects?
I don't like writing school papers, so . . . that's nonexistent, I suppose?

But as for the piano piece - I suppose finally mastering a small section and hearing the soundtrack play out exactly as it was intended to sound. It's amazing.

Do you have any non-writing goals to try to meet while doing Camp NaNo?
See above questions.

Do these non-writing goals come before or after Camp according to importance?
The papers, yes - again, due dates, and I don't really want to fail school, thank you. XD The piano, though, no. I have plenty of time to figure that one out. (I'm waiting to tell my music teacher what I'm trying to learn and just see her go "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???")

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew! Well, that's all for this part of the Shared WIP Tag! In case you missed any of the other posts, here are links to the participants' websites:

Ceci
Catherine
Faith
Sarah
Ariel

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and I will talk to you next Friday (or in the comments section!).

-Nicole <3

Who likes writing school papers? If so, can you teach me how to enjoy it? Any fellow piano players? What's your favorite song to play? Let's talk!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Wow, sounds like you've made this Camp NaNo unique. I was that weird kid that always LOVED writing school papers. Because I got imaginative on it. If I was told to write a paper ... I was usually mad at being told what I had to write, but I'd turn it on it's head by writing in maddening perspective for my teacher (aka my Mom) and make sure it was researched and written well enough that she couldn't make me rewrite it no matter how maddening the content was to her ;p Yes, maybe that was kinda naughty, but made me enjoy my essays ;D And then I went through a time where I said I LOVED writing essays ... still haven't got out of that time.

    As for piano music, love writing that too! But always takes so much time. Is that what your'e writing? The music?

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, it’s been quite an adventure so far . . . XD

      Oh my goodness,, that’s AMAZING. *rousing applause* I’m dying of laughter over here because that is the best thing I’ve heard today!

      I actually am trying to write piano music, but for a different project, not for the 36-page thing. For the 36-page one, I found the music online, and now just have to learn to play it. :)

      Delete
  2. It's warming up here too, and I've finally starting to ditch the sweatshirt, LOL. Feel you on the allergies though *blows nose*

    That piano piece sounds really cool! Though I can understand you not wanting to share. I've been learning a soprano descant part of Christ the Lord is Risen Today and it's ear-splitting awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, no more cold weather! But yeah, that means allergies . . . *grabs a Kleenex box*

      Thanks! Yeah *cough* it’s sounding horrible so far, but oh well. :) And oh goodness, that sounds . . . fun? I wish you the best of luck on learning it! (Descant parts always sound amazing when they’re learned! <3 )

      Delete
  3. *groans* School work is okay, and I'm happy to be learning, but why is there so much of it!?

    Whoa, Nicole, thirty-six pages!!!?????? I want to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! I’m fine with the learning part of school, I just don’t like the paper side of it. *sighs*

      Yeah, I know - what am I doing to myself? ;) Haha, maybe one day (in 15 years, perhaps) when I get it learned, I’ll make a recording and share it!

      Delete
  4. Yikes, papers are never nice to have to do!! I have one coming up, so I feel you, and mourn with you... The piano piece sounds like lots of fun! I hope we can listen to it once it's done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Good luck with your paper (I will begin praying for both of us, so we can survive it. ;) )

      Hopefully it is! I hope to share it at some point - if I ever figure it out..... :)

      Delete
  5. LOL! I feel ya on school papers. I had a heart attack when I registered for classes that I was going to have to redo English Comp for a third time. Like, no way am I doing that. But thankfully I didn't have to. But if you need a tip: always pick a topic that you're genuinely curious/excited about. It makes the whole process so much smoother. You might even find that you enjoy the process.

    But that music piece sounds really exciting! I hope you're able to figure it all out without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, yes, I agree - they're not that fun to do. -_- Thank goodness you didn't have to redo it!
      Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely remember that in future projects. My only problem is that for one of my papers, my teacher picked the topic for me, and I have never been more bored in my life. XD

      Thanks, Sarah! So do I! (I'm honestly thinking of cutting parts out because it's so LONG.)

      Delete
  6. YOU GOT THIS! Papers are tough, but I know you can do it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! (Honestly, I'll need some luck. XD) <333

      Delete
  7. Ugh, school papers are no fun. But that piano piece sounds totally awesome!!

    Best of luck balancing everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE. XD And thanks, Kara! Hopefully it turns out all right. . .

      Thanks! I'll need it . . . :)

      Delete
  8. In middle school I wasn't big into papers but once I hit high school (I was homeschooled so I could write about whatever I wanted haha) and then college, I started loving writing papers. Mostly research papers. I can't stand argumenative papers haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, research papers are always more fun than argumentative! I definitely agree with you! Thanks for reading, Melody! :)

      Delete
  9. That piano piece sounds amazing!! I really want to learn how to play the piano, like actually play it... I can play two songs that I taught myself but that's pretty much it and it's definitely not that impressive. xD

    Anyway, I'd love to hear your piece when you finish it... (hinthint)

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that’s really cool! Being able to play any song on the piano is definitely an accomplishment! (If I may ask, which songs?)

      *cough* if I ever finish it, I'll make sure to record it!

      Delete
    2. They're All Too Well by Taylor Swift and In Christ Alone!

      Delete
  10. Whoa, that piano piece sounds totally epic!! YES to all the fandom music--I'm always a little self-conscious when I tell people that my favorite genre of music is film/TV scores, but they're just sooo good. Do you have any favorite scores? I have too many, but a few favorites are the LotR (obviously), Downton Abbey, and Studio Ghibli scores. :)

    Good luck on the school papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN, Kathryn! Hmmm, favorite scores . . . way too many to count! ;) But a couple of them would be Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Captain America: the Winter Soldier (good for fight scenes), and The Flash. I’ve never listened to the Downton Abbey or any Studio Ghibli scores - I’ll have to check them out!

      Thanks! <3

      Delete
  11. "I'm also going to begin learning a THIRTY-SIX PAGE PIANO PIECE that's just a mashup of fandom songs - some of which I've never heard. It's 22 minutes long."

    ASDFJKL THOSE BETTER BE SOME AWESOME FANDOMS. xD Goals, girl! That is pretty impressive. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are! I might end up cutting some of the weirder fandoms . . . XD Thanks!

      Delete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole