Shared WIP Tag (Goals): Week 3

April 19, 2019

Happy Friday! To be more specific, happy Good Friday!

And since I won't be posting this Sunday, Happy Easter to you as well!

Of course, just because it's Holy Week doesn't mean that the Shared WIP Tag will stop. ;)

(Yes, we can all agree that my intros are awful. Let's just get on with the show, shall we?)



Name your yearly (writing) goals!
I assume we're talking about my writing goals for this year. In that case:
  • Go to Realm Makers! yes, this is a writing goal, shhhh
  • Secret Project that I Cannot Tell You About
  • Finish draft 1 of the Silver Sword
  • Edit the Inhumans #1
  • Write draft 1 of the Inhumans #2
  • Win NaNoWriMo/Camp NaNo

Which goal are you most looking forward to starting/completing? Why?
Realm Makers!

Well, either that or writing the first draft of the Inhumans #2 because there are some scenes in there that I just *rubs hands* cannot WAIT for. in other words I torture my favorite character. it's going to be great.

Is there any goal that you aren’t that enthusiastic about completing? Why?
Editing the Inhumans #1.

Have I mentioned how much I hate editing? I have recently discovered that this year, and I so wish that I could be one of those editing DRAGONS who just plow through tons of edits with ease.

Did you maybe set too many goals for this year?
Originally, I thought I had, but then I realized that I'm going to make a lot of headway on most of them this Camp NaNo . . . so ask me again in June. Either I'll answer "Yes!" with confidence, or I'll just run around screaming.

How do you keep on track/accountable with your goals?
I don't????? I literally just wing it 99.999% of the time. (The 0.001% is when I actually do NaNo with the goals in mind - so this month.)

Have you told your family about any of your goals? What do they think about your goals?
*cough* Well, my mom's reading this post, so now she knows! XD Maybe she can comment down below and tell me what she thinks???

But seriously, I don't talk about writing that much offline. Only one person outside of my immediate family even knows I have a blog, and as for goals, well, nobody knows of them either.

Are you planning to do NaNoWriMo in November? If so, do you know what you will be writing?
I hope to! Except, you know, I'm going to have a ton of stuff to do during that time of year, so we'll see how timing works out. I didn't think I could do it last year, and look where we are now . . .

As for what I'm writing . . . yeah, I won't figure that out until halfway through October. XD

Are you nervous about any of your goals? Are some out of your comfort zone?
Well, I would talk about the Secret Project, but that's classified information. I hope to write a post about it eventually, though, so you won't be in the dark for long. But yes, it's something I've never done before, so I'm pretty much going into it blind.

And RM is definitely out of my comfort zone - talking to people, making new acquaintances, talking about my books . . . *gulp* #mildsocialanxiety

How are you doing on your goals so far?
Pretty well, I think!

I completed the first draft of the Silver Sword last Tuesday! *confetti* And I've started on the edits for Inhumans #1 and the first draft of #2. I know I won't completely finish either this Camp NaNo, but hopefully I'll make some good progress!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was fun! If you want to see what the other participants are planning for this year, check out their blogs below:

Ceci
Catherine
Faith
Sarah
Ariel

Next week will be the last week of The Shared WIP Tag, where we cover Lifetime Goals! Make sure to check in next Friday for that.

Good luck for all my NaNoers! You got this!

-Nicole <3

How's your NaNo project going? Who else wings what they're writing for NaNoWriMo? Anyone else hate editing? Let's talk!

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. So proud of you getting through your goals! ^_^ You definitely got this. I believe in you *applauds*

    And ooh, you have a Secret Project too? I feel like we all do, tbh. XD

    Best of luck, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Faith! <3

      Hehe, yeah....oh well. XD The intrigue of it works, though. ;)

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. Whoa, now I am suuuuuper interested in your Secret Project. Can't wait for that post (hinthint).

    That is so awesome that you are doing so well! Keep up the good work! :)

    I hope you have a good Good Friday and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hint taken* As soon as I complete it, I promise, there WILL be a post! ;)

      Thanks! <3

      You too! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck on getting your goals done!
    I enjoy editing some time, I like to make my writing better.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rakayle!
      Hehe, yeah, making our writing sound better is always good! For me, it’s just getting there . . . ;)

      Delete
  4. REALM MAKERSSSSSSSS

    That's gonna be so much fun.

    But yeah, I'm a pro at #wingingit That's just how I roll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK YESSSSSSSSSSS

      And TRUE. Winging it is becoming a way of life...

      Delete
  5. You can do this, Nicole! :D Also, I am curious about your little Secret Project. So you don't have any need to keep us in the dark for long, right?

    Also, I am an editing dragon. :) Except I don't plow through those edits with ease-- not sure anyone can, xD. I get headaches sometimes from just LOOKING at a page that badly needs editing. *faints* Which is why I do my best to at least not write TOO atrociously on the first drafts! xD You can do this, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, when I get it done, I will post about it ASAP. ;)

      HOW. HOW DO YOU DO IT. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. ;)
      Yeah, I probably shouldn’t make my first drafts train wrecks, but oh well. *shrugs*
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited about meeting you at Realm Makers! It's going to be so exciting (but probably overwhelming for those of us who are introverts)!

    All the best to your goals! I'm excited to hear about your super secret project (That seems to be the theme for many of us in this Special. I guess we all have something to hide).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, same! (Although if I don’t approach you immediately it’s probably because I’m refueling/socially awkward. XD)

      Thanks, Sarah! (Haha, yeah, maybe we’re all working for the same secret society and just so happen to have missions at the same time . . . ;) )

      Delete
  7. Well done getting that draft done!! *throws glitter and confetti* Realm Makers sounds so fun, I wish I could go, haha! (Alas, my continent is more than a ways away.) Can't wait to hear all about it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! :)
      Hey, hopefully someday you can manage to make it over to America and then all the bloggers can host this GIGANTIC party and we all go to Realm Makers. Fingers crossed! <3 (okay, so that miiiiiight be a little difficult to pull off, but still. XD)

      Delete
  8. How's my NaNo project going? Ehehehe… ehehe… ehehe.

    Naahh, it's not going THAT bad, I've just been super lazy and not writing like I should. But I really think if I just go extra hard these last few days I can still reach my goal.

    Oh yeah, I always wing it for NaNo. xD I try to come up with somewhat of a plan? But then I end up running out of plans and just flail through the rest of it like... I don't know what. xD

    Honestly, I don't hate editing! I actually haven't done it in a while, I've been struggling with my first drafts for such a long time; but back when I was editing one of the older versions of my first book, I enjoyed it. *shrugs*

    Good luck on your goals, Nicole!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I FEEL you. I’ve been really lazy for the past week and now I’m dying over everything I have to do. XD

      Hey, winging it always tends to work out! ;)

      *gapes* TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. I wish I could figure out how to like it, but I just . . . can’t. XD

      Thanks, Emily! You too!

      Delete
  9. Editing is THE WORST. But I think you'll do fine at RM :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole