2021 in Bullet Points

January 02, 2022

Happy Sunday! And happy 2022! 

Since the end-of-year wrap-ups have been going around the blogosphere, I figured I'd jump in. 2021 was . . . a rollercoaster of a year, to be sure, but we survived! 

I've tried writing this post at least three times, and none of the formats I tried were working for me. So I'm just going to use bullet points and hope for the best. XD

[all photos by me :D]


j a n u a r y :
- watched a lot of Attack on Titan
- went back to college
- first snow day! ft. an epic snowball fight
- participated in the Writer Games and pulled a 10k writing weekend!

f e b r u a r y :
- went on a mini road trip to a creek, during which we got lost and goofed off
- snow on the ground every single day
- watched WandaVision with friends <3
- began to use Discord a lot more

m a r c h :
- my literature professor played Jeopardy music during our pop quiz XD
- read Unlocked (KOTLC 8.5) all in one day and DIED INSIDE at the ending
- the Attack on Titan finale
- discovered webtoons!


a p r i l :
- Easter with friends! ft. a midnight McDonalds run on Holy Saturday because we were all starving
- lost my mind over a horror TV show, which was . . . an experience XD
- beautiful weather, beautiful sunsets, beautiful people
- our cafeteria began serving chocolate ice cream again!

m a y :
- watched Demon Slayer: Mugen Train in theaters!
- somehow survived finals
- started five new anime in the span of about two weeks
- also started two new jobs
- read lots of Tokyo Ghoul

j u n e : 
- car rides with music blaring
- began to play Genshin Impact (and rage-quit a lot)
- my phone died, so I lost all my photos/data -_-
- AmaLee's Fullmetal Alchemist album release!


j u l y :
- dove even deeper into Discord chaos
- went to Realm Makers, one of the best weekends of my life <3
- learned to appreciate the little moments of each day

a u g u s t :
- saw lots of friends and family again
- finished a writing project three minutes before my self-imposed deadline XD
- moved back to college
- walked through the fog to 6:30 AM Mass <3

s e p t e m b e r :
- watched Bungou Stray Dogs with a friend through Discord
- joined a choir!
- prayed the Hail Mary in Elvish during my Tolkien class


o c t o b e r :
- sickness
- stress
- I hated this month honestly, can we not talk about it XD

n o v e m b e r :
- went to a theatre production for the first time in two years <3
- sat in an echoey stairwell talking to friends on the phone
- Thanksgiving!
- attempted a revised NaNo and epically failed

d e c e m b e r :
- finals 2.0
- Spotify Wrapped! ft. the same genre listed five different ways in my top genres section
- ruined my sleep schedule indefinitely by staying up way too late, all the time
- Christmas! 


2021 was an odd year.

It was a year of growth and recession, of late nights and early mornings, of car drives with Spotify blaring and quiet moments in my dorm room. I listened to lots of music, watched way too much anime, and didn't read nearly enough.

It's been a weird year, to say the least, and I can't say I'm sad to see it go. But it had its moments, for which I'm so very grateful.

And I'm kind of excited for 2022! We're two days in, and they haven't been the most perfect days of all time. But that's okay. 

Here's to 2022! I hope you have a wonderful new year with lots of exciting adventures and experiences. <3

-Nicole <3

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. YEESSSS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!! ya, unlocked was... very good but that ending made me... jsut no. I need book 9 ASAP.
    These pictures are sooo pretty!!
    YOU PRAYED THE HAIL MARY IN ELVISH! That sounds like one of the coolest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, same here, that ending was BRUTAL. But at least book 9 comes out this year!
      Aw, thank you! <3
      YESSS, IT WAS AMAZING! It feels so surreal to remember that I learned about Tolkien for school. :D

      Delete
  2. I love this! What a year this has been--I think strange is the perfect description. xD I hope 2022 treats you well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I think it's been a strange year for all of us. I hope your 2022 is beautiful, Faith <3

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!! so good to see a post from you! I love how you wrapped up your year <3 I hope 2022 is a good one, friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Aw, thank you <3 I hope your 2022 is amazing as well <3

      Delete
  4. Anime and Webtoons were a big part of my year too.
    Glad you had a lot of good moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Did you find any new favorites?
      Aw, thank you! And I hope your 2022 goes well!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Nicole!! Finally getting to meet you was one of the highlights of my year for sure. <333 Praying for a blessed 2022!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too! And SAME HERE. That weekend was absolutely surreal and I miss it - and you - so much <3 <3 Praying as well! <3

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! 2021 was definitely a year of growth for me as well. I turned 18, got my driver's permit and license, graduated high school, started a full time summer job, and started college while keeping that job. It has been a crazy year, but one full of memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Wow, congratulations on graduating and getting your license!! That's so exciting! *confetti*

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

    It sounds like you had a marvelous year, for the most part! (I'm sorry about your phone dying. That is the worst!) Oh goodness, I love that you got to pray the Hail Mary in Elvish during Tolkien class! I still really wish I had gotten to take that class, too. ;) (Speaking of which, getting to hang out with you that one day was definitely a highlight of 2021!)

    "ruined my sleep schedule indefinitely by staying up way too late, all the time" <<This is what I did in December, too. Why do we do this to ourselves??

    I hope you have a blessed 2022, Nicole! Here's to many more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Samantha! <3

      (Haha, it was getting old anyways, but yeah, it was pretty inconvenient for a few weeks XD) Yessss, it was amazing! If you get the chance you should take one :D (and YES, that was such an amazing day! <3 <3)

      Glad I'm not the only one! ;) (I have no idea XD XD)

      Aw, same to you, I hope your 2022 is filled with beauty and hope <3

      Delete
  8. This was SUCH a fun way to sum up the year!

    It has been a weird year, indeed. I feel you there. Some of it was so, so good, but a whole lot of it was...not. But there was growth in me as well for sure, and I suppose that is the most important thing. :)

    Happy New Year, dearest Nicole!!! I do hope 2022 proves to be absolutely filled with the most wonderful things for you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Aw, I wish your year had gone a little better, but here's to 2022 being an improvement for you! Happy New Year! <3 <3 *HUGS BACK*

      Delete
  9. Nicoooole happy New Year!

    6:30 am Mass and the Hail Mary in elvish. Your 2021 just might beat mine in those two counts alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megaaaaan!! Happy New Year!

      Haha, they were definitely highlights - but you also read some EPIC stuff this year, and I'm sure that you also made some epic memories, so it balances out ;)

      Delete
  10. Happy 2022!!

    I like the bullet points. And the photos! Sometimes the stuff you really remember about a certain year is the small stuff. At least, it's that way for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!

      Yeah, I'm kinda that way too! I tend to think about the previous years as mostly a series of small moments, along with a few big events :D

      Delete
  11. Sounds like so many great memories from 2021! I too died inside reading Unlocked haha We're finally getting a new Keeper book this year though!! :b Hope you've had a good first few weeks of 2022! :)

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, it definitely had its high points!
      Oh my word, YES, that ending was BRUTAL. But I'm so so excited for book 9's release this year!
      Aw, thank you - and I hope your 2022 has gone well so far as well! <3

      Delete
  12. Hi Nicole! (Sorry I'm late.)

    Aww, too bad that you didn't like October. (There are a few reasons I like it, 1. My birthday, 2. Month of Mary (or was it the rosary?))

    So it might appear that I'm new, and yes, I am new, so I'd like to introduce myself. I am Faramir, young highschooler, newly peeped into the Blogosphere. If you want to see my first attempt at a blog, it's my birding blog here: https://faramirsbirdmonthly.blogspot.com/ But then, of course, if you're way too busy, then that's okay. :)

    I have one question: why is your blog so jerky? (No, no, it's a lovely blog, it's just when I use the mouse wheel it sort of jerks.)

    Rage quitting... I understand. You will not want to play Celeste, then, unless you are fond of rage quitting. (Celeste is a platformer that is, honestly, amazing, and you can't miss the music, either.)

    Oh gosh, I'm bombarding you. Make me stop before I write a letter-sized comment, which is not beyond my reach.

    Best regards (Alles Gute!)

    Faramir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faramir! (Haha, it's all good - I am incredibly late as well, I apologize.) It's so nice to meet you on the blogosphere! :D Definitely going to check out your blog!

      (I think it's the month of the Rosary? And hey, having an October birthday is pretty cool!)

      Hmmmm *thinking* I'm not sure why it's acting like that? It isn't doing that on my end . . . I'll see what I can do, though!

      Ooo, I haven't heard of Celeste, but I'll keep that in mind XD (I'll have to check out the music though, I'm always down for a new soundtrack!)

      Don't apologize, long comments are amazing! Hope your day is going well :D

      Delete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole