Behind the Blogger Tag

January 17, 2021

Happy Sunday!

As you're reading this, I'm currently heading back to college. #yikes I can't promise that I won't disappear, but I'm hoping to post once every two weeks. HOPEFULLY I learned enough about time management last semester to successfully pull this off.

just watch me fail epically at this

But, in case I do disappear right off the bat, I decided to do the Behind the Blogger Tag to reassure you that I am actually a blogger and not a supernatural being who can only stay in this form for so long. XD

Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you so much, Jenna! <3
Answer the questions.
Ping back to the creator: Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx (which is the best name EVER)
Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag. 

Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?

Oof, that's a loaded question.

I started blogging rather reluctantly. My parents and teachers kept saying that it would be "a great way to improve my writing." So I started my first blog out of peer pressure. XD

Why I kept blogging . . . well, it was because of you, honestly. Through blogging, I discovered a community of young writers unlike anything from my wildest dreams. And I knew that these were my people. So yeah, thank you for giving me a chance. <3 <3

What is your favorite type of blog post to write?

Recently, I've loved writing story analysis posts! Ironically, those are also the scariest posts for me to publish. I'm always worried I missed some huge plot thing in my analysis which would ruin it. XD But you know, those posts are always a work in progress. and maybe one day I'll actually write about a book instead of anime

What are your top three favorite blog posts?

That's SO HARD. But since you're making me choose . . . 
Honestly, I still like a lot of my blog posts, even the older ones. It surprises me, because usually people HATE their early posts. And . . . yeah, mine aren't the greatest things to ever appear on the Internet. But we all had to start somewhere, and I don't think I did a horrible job on them. *shrugs*


What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?

Binge-watch YouTube
Binge-watch TV shows
Procrastinate

Read books, of course! I'm a book blogger, what did you expect? ;) But I also really love to journal. It's a great way for me to unload stress and unwind from the day.

What are three of your favorite things?

My Zuko Funko Pop.
My bullet journal.
And the stash of dark chocolate I've hoarded in my desk for weeks. Don't ask how much there is. It's embarrassing.

What are your proudest blogging moments?

Oh, heavens . . . every blogging moment I've ever had has slipped out of my mind.

Honestly, my proudest blogging moments were the first time someone commented on my blog, and the first time someone responded to my comment on their blog. At that moment, I just remember feeling a huge sense of relief that people were accepting me into the community.

I'm a very self-doubting person, in case you can't tell. XD


What are your hobbies outside of blogging?

I mean, reading, writing, Spotify . . . storytelling in general. 

Describe your personality in three words.

*flees from this question* You expect me to sum up my entire being in three words???

*sighs* All right, fine.

Obsessed with stories.

What are your top three pet peeves?

when people ask me to describe myself in three words

Interruptions. When I think I've finished a task and then realize I missed an entire part of it. When I throw off a bullet journal spread by misdrawing one line in pen.

What's something your followers don't know about you?

I recently acquired Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit, and it comes with a copy of the One Ring. So basically, I'm a Ringbearer now. XD

Ah, yes, the hardest part of the tag. Picking people to tag. XD

and YOU! Because you are an AMAZING blogger, and you deserve to show the world. :D

And here are the questions for copy/paste purposes:

Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
What are your top three favorite blog posts?
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
What are three of your favorite things?
What are your proudest blogging moments?
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Describe your personality in three words.
What are your top three pet peeves?
What's something your followers don't know about you?

And that's the end of this tag! I hope this was entertaining for you to read.

You won't see me post next week, but hopefully I'll be able to post every other week! *fingers crossed*

So, until then . . .

-Nicole <3

How did you get started blogging? What are YOUR top three pet peeves? (Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles to describe themselves XD) Let's chat!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. This was so much fun getting a behind the scenes look at your blogging life! :D I, too, just ADORE this blogging community and can't imagine ever leaving it. I love my blogging peeps so, so much! <3

    I totally struggle to describe myself! In fact, just this week I've been updating my bio on some things and I'm just like, "Um. Who even am I? What am I like? Am I even a person???" It's so HARD trying to sum up one's personality. o.o But "obsessed with stories" is PERFECT. That is totally me too! I love it! XD

    I do hope this next semester of college goes amazingly for you, Nicole! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, thank you! And YES, this blogging community is such a blessing <3 <3

      Haha, I relate so much to that! But I think you did a FANTASTIC job updating your bios :D *high-fives*

      Aw, thank you so much, Christine!! <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great next semester of college! I'll hope to see you every other week, but if you have to prioritize school...I totally understand. :)

    Oh my word, I love that you started a blog because your parents were urging you to! I've never heard that as a blog origin story before. :)

    Your story analysis posts are so fun! Please keep doing them!

    "Don't ask how much there is. It's embarrassing." <<Dude, so relatable.

    I totally agree about my proudest moments being when someone commented on my blog/responded to my comment! Or started following my blog! (You're not the only self-doubting blogger out there. XD)

    URGH throwing off a spread because of one pen line is the WORST! (My sister just pointed out to me that you can use white crayon to fix that...and my mind was blown.)

    Thank you so much for the tag! I can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Samantha! I'll definitely try to do every other week, but I guess we'll see what happens XD

      Haha, yep! It's strange to think about, honestly XD it feels like forever ago!

      Thank you!!! I'm definitely going to try ;)

      XD XD *high-fives* dark chocolate stashes are the best

      It's such a surreal moment, isn't it?? And honestly, it never really goes away. :D (*hugs*)

      IT'S SO ANNOYING. (but oh my goodness, I discovered white gel pens literally two weeks ago and they are LIFESAVERS. *mind-blown* but white crayon probably works even better!

      *thumbs-up* you're welcome! :D

      Delete
  3. I think you ALWAYS have a stash of dark chocolate. xD (no judging here- honestly, I'm impressed. and jealous.) (speaking of dark chocolate, I bought some 90% cocoa dark chocolate a while back thinking the darker the better but it was AWFUL and bitter and I think that's the first time dark chocolate has ever disappointed me. xD)

    I know exactly that feeling of being accepted into the blogging community. It's wonderful. <3 (also you were my very first follower so thanks for that xD <3)

    Dude, I relate so hard to the misdrawing a line thing... xD It bothers me SO much, especially if it's something I can't somehow fix (or disguise to make it look intentional xD).

    OOOH, I have that LOTR Trivial Pursuit game!! And yes, it's quite thrilling having the One Ring. ;D (though it doesn't fit on my ring finger so... do I count as a Ringbearer? xD)

    I love this tag! Thanks for tagging me! :) (now to figure out how to describe MYSELF in three words because YES, I do struggle. xD)

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay . . . you're not wrong. XD (oh heavens, I haven't tried any chocolate that dark before, but now I'm very curious. I'm so sorry to hear that the dark chocolate disappointed you, though . . . XD)

      It's such a surreal feeling, but so amazing. (I'm still so honored that I was your first follower - thank YOU for being the awesome person you are <3)

      It's SO ANNOYING. (And not being able to disguise it just makes everything ten times worse XD)

      Ooo, you do?? *high-fives* Hmmm . . . it's probably a good thing that it doesn't fit on your finger. XD I'd still consider you a Ringbearer, though . . . whether for good or bad. ;)

      Aw, you're welcome - but no pressure! :) (WELCOME TO THE STRUGGLE XD)

      Delete
  4. Great answers! I actually started blogging last April, but didn't start posting until last December because ahem procrastination. Then, I took a Writing for the Web college class and had to make a different blog, which is why I ended up with two. Good luck with college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting! I totally get the procrastination part ;) it can be REALLY hard to just sit down and write the posts. :D

      Delete
  5. Being asked to describe myself in three words is literally one of my pet peeves too. XD I...I just can't, okay? Why do you ask this all the time???

    Getting your first comment is a super valid answer for that! Nothing compares with it, honestly. Like, ACTUAL ENGAGEMENT??? WHAT IS THIS??? I WANT MORE??? Getting comments still makes my day to the extent that I feel bad for not being very good at remembering to comment on other people's posts...oh, well. XD

    Congratulations surviving your first semester of college (it can be...rough. even if it isn't 2020.), and I wish you all the luck this coming semester!! And if you ARE a being from another dimension who can only stop by the blogosphere occasionally, well, just don't forget us, that's all. Should we, like, leave out cookies and milk, or whatever? I'm willing to provide them, if you don't mind your cookies a little burned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard! I don't know why it's such a commonly-asked question. XD

      I'm glad I'm not the only one! *hugs* and hey, sometimes it's just really hard to comment on other people's blogs XD

      Ack, thank you! <3 And *cough* if I was a being from another dimension, I wouldn't complain about burned cookies. ;)

      Delete
  6. Good luck on returning to college. I hope this next semester goes well for you.
    Ooh, this looks like a fun tag! I might do this, actually.
    Obsessed with stories pretty much describes me, too. I mean, there are so many words that I could use to describe myself, though.
    Great post, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!!
      YES, do it! (I can't remember if you've already done it by the time I comment this, but if you haven't . . . you should. ;) )
      Haha, that's true - there are so many things you could pick! :D

      Delete
  7. I WAS TAGGED!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    Awesome post! I enjoyed reading your answers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this!! It was so fun to hear why you started your blog. I'm glad that you did and that you stuck around! I always smile when your posts pop up in my feed!

    THE YA FANTASY BOOK POST!!! YAaASsS, WHAT A CLASSIC!!!!

    I hope your college semester goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! *tears up* that honestly means so much to me <3 <3

      ABSOLUTELY, YES!!!! XD

      Delete
  9. Binge watching Youtube and tv takes up so much of my time. I need to read more!
    Love all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, heavens, yes, they're such time-drainers! XD

      Delete
  10. I loved this post. I relate to you quite a bit.
    It was interesting to hear about how you started! And, oh, is that a tag for little old me? Maybe I'll actually get around to this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - and ack, that's so cool! *high-fives*
      Yes, it is! I can't remember if you've done it by the time this comment goes live, but if you haven't, you should ;)

      Delete
  11. I had no idea that you started blogging under duress. XD I'm glad that you've stuck around! This was very fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, it made for quite the beginning. XD But thank you - I'm so glad I did stick around!

      Delete
  12. *is super behind on like everything, but still wants to comment and support you <3*

    I relate to a lot of this, especially struggling to describe myself, let alone in 3 words. O.o (Though IMO, "All right, fine." is such a mood. XD ;p )

    I love that you have a Zuko Funko Pop! I can't remember if I've told you yet, but I finally started watching ATLA!!! I'm currently in Season 2. My favorite character is all of them, but I will name Zuko when pressed. My favorite episodes are when they travel under the mountain with the hippies, when Katara fights the Water Bending Master, and when Zuko is alone and we learn about his past. <333

    I started blogging because I felt God leading me in that direction, and because I knew it was a good way to create an author platform, aaand because I'd been reading other writer's blogs and wanted to join the community. ^_^ <3

    My 3 pet peeves are (1) when people don't load the dishwasher correctly and I have to come behind them and fix it. XD (2) being told I won't like a book or movie when *I* want to make that decision for myself. (3) when people don't tell me what's going on when something goes wrong because I tend to freak out a little, but not telling me makes me freak out more when I *know* something is wrong. <.>

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the comment section! I love hearing what you guys think and seeing you guys talk. Just remember to keep it clean, and as always, check back for my replies! <3
-Nicole